Catis considered to be World’s most favorite pet. To maintain a healthy life of cat we should follow these simple steps because a good looking pet will look attractive and gives you a sense a pleasure. Some people are fond of cats but do not know how to take care of their asset. This guide will help you to understand easily.
You should buy high quality cat-food or consult with a veterinarian he will suggest you best diet along with diet plan. Ratio of diet depends on different factors like age of cat and health condition as well. An aged cat will not each much like as a young one. You should take care of following points while choosing food for cat.
- Cats require taurine, an important amino alkanoic acid, for heart and eye health. The food you select should be balanced for the life stage of your cat or kitten. Properly balanced foods will contain taurine.
- You will get to provide fresh, clean water in the least times, and wash and refill your cat’s water bowls daily.
- Treats should be no quite 5-10%of the diet.
- Many people feed baby food to a cat or kitten that is refusing food or not feeling well please read labels carefully: If the baby food contains onion or garlic powder, your pet might be poisoned.
- Take your pet to your veterinarian if signs of anorexia, diarrhea, vomiting or lethargy continue for quite two days.
Most cats stay relatively clean and infrequently need a shower, but you ought to brush or comb your cat regularly. Frequent brushing helps keep your cat’s coat clean, reduces the quantity of shedding and cuts down on the incidence of hairballs.
Handling a cat is very important and tricky process. You should be very careful in this matter. To pick up your cat, place one hand behind the front legs and another under the hindquarters. Lift gently. Never devour a cat by the scruff of the neck or by the front legs.
For proper rest and feeding place you should provide your cat with a neat and clean small house. You can use warm blanket as a bed. Make certain to scrub the bedding often. Please keep your cat indoors. Outdoor cats don’t live like indoor ones. Outdoor cats are in danger of trauma from cars, or from fights with other cats, raccoons and free-roaming dogs. Coyotes are known to eat cats. Outdoor cats are more likely to become infested with fleas or ticks, also as contract infectious diseases.
Your cat should see the veterinarian a minimum of once a year for an examination and annual shots, and immediately if she is sick or injured.
Medicines and Poisons
Never give your cat medication that has not been prescribed by a veterinarian. If you think that your animal has ingested a toxic substance, call your veterinarian and give medicines prescribed by him. This situation is very critical and you cannot do medication according to your desire.